Going through your username tag and finding messages you haven’t seen before (though you swear you check it religiously) are like tiny little Christmases.
@high-on-koolaid tagged me in a thing to answer some questions, and I have a little time before I have things to do. So here it goes!
1. Where are you from?
I’m originally from Richardson, Texas where I was born and raised, later moving to NYC when I was 24 to jump start my career in publishing. (This is mostly working so far)
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
New Zealand or Iceland because both look like they’re crazy beautiful and peaceful beyond words. I’d love to go to either for a solid year and just write to my hearts content if I ever have enough money to do so.
3. What is your all-time pet hate?
Guessing you mean pet-peeve. Silly Brits. It always has been and always will be people chewing with their mouths open and doing so loudly. I’m a rather audio fixated person since I’m hard of hearing as it is, so if I have to hear that it tends to make me livid.
4. What is your worst habit?
Procrastination/Media consumption. These tend to go hand in hand the past number of years. When I need to be creating my own work and making my own things happen, I have a bad habit of wanting to enjoy and see what other people are putting out (ie; tv shows, comics, film, etc)
5. Chicken nuggets or double cheeseburger?
Double cheeseburger every day of the week.
6. Can you list a song you’re ashamed of loving?
I’ve started to steer away from being ashamed of liking anything because if you like something, then don’t let anyone else make you feel bad for it (unless it’s truly something heinous like cannibalism, that’s just not okay). Buttttt if I had to choose, probably My December by Linkin Park, it hit me in a place as a wee young teenager that kinda stayed with me.
7. Red pill or blue pill?
Red pill. Always been a proponent of truth/honesty, no matter how brutal because lying to yourself gets you nowhere.
8. What is your favourite drink?
Alcoholic? Probably either a whiskey-sour, or a good craft beer. Non-alcoholic? Probably a Dublin Dr Pepper.
9. Best concert you’ve been to? If you haven’t, who would you like to see most?
I haven’t gone to nearly as many concerts as everyone else most likely, I’m pretty picky about who I want to go see. Though most likely Sigur Ros at Madison Square Gardens last year. It was pretty damn magical and at one point I just closed my eyes in my seat and let Jonsi’s voice reverberate through my lungs.
10. What is your ideal job?
One that continually challenges me and still allows me to be creative while having fun in a relaxed environment. I used to think publishing was the end-all/be-all for me in terms of a career but I’ve learned over the past few years that’s not necessarily the case. I’d love to continue working in publishing but I’m also far too intrigued by all the other possibilities out there.
1. The known world has collapsed and you’re basically alone in the world except for the occasional sighting of another human. What do you spend your time doing? (Aside from basic survival)
2. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
3. How many times a day do you think about sex?
4. What would you say is the thing you’re most talented at?
5. What’s a show you could watch on loop for the rest of eternity?
6. How long has it been since your last, good cry?
7. What would you say interests you more out of life so far: Knowledge, Love, Career.
8. You’re on death row and you’ve been told it’s time for your final meal, what is it?
9. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
10. You just got a hot, new, fresh pizza and brought it home. Right as you’re about to set it onto the dinner table, you drop it face down onto the ground. WHAT DO YOU DO?!
Tag me back so I can see what you crazy kids wrote.
Has anyone figured out what love has to do with it yet? Because I’m pretty sure whatever it is, I won’t do that.
"I have a little girl at home that I love so much, but I also love my job. Part of me wants to be home all the time to see every little change she goes through. But part of me feels like I owe it to her to be what I always wanted to be."
Am I jammin or am I cryin we just don’t know
If you’re doin’ it right it’s both